Old 15-01-2010, 03:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default Containers with clear water in garden

In article ,
Dave_s wrote:

I see at several front yard gardens in my neighborhood, plastic 1/2
gallon containers located in their garden beds. Each is a clear plastic.
Each is filled with clear liquid, probably just water. I see so many
that I wonder "...are these containers put there to benefit the flowers
or vegetables?
I am located in Panorama City, CA at zip 91402.

Dave_s

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microclimate

Some time a small change can enable a plant to live. Thinking of Hopi
and hilling to collect dew and reduce dry wind.

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/757.html What is Global Dimming??
Less light more shade world wide food implications
Reduction of Vitamin D too?