Old 15-01-2010, 04:30 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Containers with clear water in garden

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 07:08:42 -0800, Dave_s
wrote:

I see at several front yard gardens in my neighborhood, plastic 1/2
gallon containers located in their garden beds. Each is a clear plastic.
Each is filled with clear liquid, probably just water. I see so many
that I wonder "...are these containers put there to benefit the flowers
or vegetables?
I am located in Panorama City, CA at zip 91402.

Dave_s

Sounds like what you're seeing are inverted 2 liter plastic beverage
bottles with "Aqua Spikes" attached... these water plants slowly like
drip watering and their flow rate is adjustable:
http://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Cone-Spik.../dp/B001ESSJOQ