Old 18-04-2003, 05:32 PM
Aaron Hicks

Default David Hunt orchids

Rob Halgren spaketh thusly:

Evidently somebody (20 somebodies so far today) thinks I need to
refinance my mortgage in order to afford internet prescriptions, web
hosting services, or to enhance my masculinity (or femininity, depending
on my mood, I guess). I particularly like the spam offering spam
reduction software. The best spam is in Cyrillic fonts (dozens of
those a day, for no apparent reason). It is so pure I can't even tell
what they are selling - distilled essence of spam. Yumm!

Amazing, isn't it?

Try MailWasher. The demo version (which is perfectly functional
for one POP account) is free.

www.mailwasher.net

Increased functionality (multiple POP accounts, Hotmail accounts)
costs you a few bucks.

Here's what it does: it polls your POP account, and lets you know
the subject and other information on your mail before you download it from
the POP account. You can delete/blacklist/bounce (yes, bounce the mail
back to its source- not that they read it anyway, but what the heck) with
a single click. Works great.

The problem with when you get it from your POP account is that it
sends a signal back to momma that the e-mail address is "live," which is
just an invite for more spam, 419 scams, and so forth.

Hit 'em where it hurts- don't even download it. Spammers are
starting to feel the heat- they're making a tiny fraction of what they
used to. When it finally becomes fiscally useless, only people with too
much time on their hands will send spam- unfortunately, that's still a
substantial portion of spammers.

-AJHicks
Chandler, AZ

And, as always, the e-mail address in the header doesn't work.
Guess why? :-P