Old 15-01-2010, 09:25 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Containers with clear water in garden

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 11:10:47 -0800 (PST), mj
wrote:

On Jan 15, 12:56*pm, gardengal wrote:
On Jan 15, 8:30*am, brooklyn1 wrote:

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 07:08:42 -0800, Dave_s
wrote:

I see at several front yard gardens in my neighborhood, plastic 1/2
gallon containers located in their garden beds. Each is a clear plastic.
Each is filled with clear liquid, probably just water. I see so many
that I wonder "...are these *containers put there to benefit the flowers
or vegetables?
I am located in Panorama City, CA at zip 91402.

Dave_s

Sounds like what you're seeing are inverted 2 liter plastic beverage
bottles with "Aqua Spikes" attached... these water plants slowly like
drip watering and their flow rate is adjustable:http://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Cone-Spik.../dp/B001ESSJOQ

There is an urban myth that water-filled plastic jugs spaced
strategically along the edges of the garden will keep dogs from
entering and/or peeing on vulnerable plants. It is not an uncommon
practice in suburban areas but there really is no scientific basis
behind the theory. I'd bet good money this is what's going on with
your 'plantings' of plastic bottles or jugs.

You'd lose every time.

Will that work fore deer?

Pre deer?