Old 15-01-2010, 11:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Containers with clear water in garden

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 07:08:42 -0800, Dave_s
wrote:

I see at several front yard gardens in my neighborhood, plastic 1/2
gallon containers located in their garden beds. Each is a clear plastic.
Each is filled with clear liquid, probably just water. I see so many
that I wonder "...are these containers put there to benefit the flowers
or vegetables?
I am located in Panorama City, CA at zip 91402.

Dave_s

Recently, I put a clear half-gallon jug of water in the bird seed
tray, mainly to weight it down and stabilize it. Some birds were
afraid of the distorted images seen. Nuthatch and titmouse don't seem
to mind. A pin hole in a gallon jug of water will help give a new
transplant a good and slow soaking.