Old 15-01-2010, 11:31 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Containers with clear water in garden

Dave_s wrote:
I see at several front yard gardens in my neighborhood, plastic 1/2
gallon containers located in their garden beds. Each is a clear
plastic. Each is filled with clear liquid, probably just water. I see
so many that I wonder "...are these containers put there to benefit
the flowers or vegetables?
I am located in Panorama City, CA at zip 91402.

Dave_s

One possibility is that they do not want dogs to pee on their garden. There
was a idea going around a while ago that said that dogs will not urinate in
clean water and so this will stop them doing it. As far as I know it is
totally bogus.

David