Old 18-04-2003, 05:32 PM
Bill Brewer

Default Natures Predictions

Hi Sharon,

"One swallow doesn't make a summer". "If the ash before the oak, we're in
for a soak, if the oak before the ash, we're in for a splash". Works more
often than not in foretelling the weather for the coming summer.

As every dairy farmer knows, most cows from an early age, like many humans,
suffer from rheumatism. That is why they sit down in grassland before the
onset of rain. We have been able to produce cows that give very heavy milk
yields, but not alas eradicate their rheumatics. That unfortunately for the
cow is of secondary importance.

Bill Brewer