Old 16-01-2010, 04:21 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dave_s Dave_s is offline

Default Containers with clear water in garden

brooklyn1 wrote:
On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 07:08:42 -0800, Dave_s
wrote:

I see at several front yard gardens in my neighborhood, plastic 1/2
gallon containers located in their garden beds. Each is a clear plastic.
Each is filled with clear liquid, probably just water. I see so many
that I wonder "...are these containers put there to benefit the flowers
or vegetables?
I am located in Panorama City, CA at zip 91402.

Dave_s

Sounds like what you're seeing are inverted 2 liter plastic beverage
bottles with "Aqua Spikes" attached... these water plants slowly like
drip watering and their flow rate is adjustable:
http://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Cone-Spik.../dp/B001ESSJOQ

I looked at at least three different gardens with water filled jugs
recently. Jugs are as you described (beverage) but all are standing up,
not upside down or inverted. Thanks for the link to the drip watering
device. Also, these jugs remain in there same positions for weeks
without being moved.

Will have to ask if "dogs not peeing" is the reason or what else?

I thank you all for the helpful comments.

Dave_s