Old 17-01-2010, 09:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default a real challenge

"Bob Hobden" wrote
"Private" wrote
Here a real challange for all you gardners
My wife is looking for a plant she has seen in someones garden a while
ago back, and can't remember where she saw it.

Anyway the plant had long thin green leaves (about 2-3 foot long)with
tiny red flowers on the end of a stalk which stuck out slighty above the
leaves

Any Ideas??? spend most of today surfing google for plants like it, but
with no luck

Any ideas

Not how I would describe it but have a look at Phormium.

Two more Genera to take a look at on the net...
Anomatheca
Tulbaghia
Depends on what our wife calls small flowers, how big was the plant?
The leaves, were they strap like and like an Iris, coming from the base?
Were the leaves green?
--
Regards
Bob Hobden