Old 18-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Bigal Bigal is offline
Registered User

Default Fertilizer recipe

1 bag lump charcoal 5 - 10 kilo's
Liquid manure 5 Litres

Break up charcoal as fine as possible for preference to pass through 1/4 inch sieve. Place in bucket and cover with liquid manure. Leave for 2 to 3 weeks for the charcoal to thoroughly absorb the manure.
In the meanwhile prepare 2 to 3 sq. m's of garden space for growing your favourite vegetable. Dig the fertilizer into one half of the prepared area, and leave the other half for the remainder of your required plants. Of course, the actual size of the area is entirely up to you. For the remainder of the year treat your plants as usual.
The amount of charcoal used is not critical but a couple of kilos per sq.m is about normal. You can use any excess on your compost heap or if you have a wormery try a small amount with them. Apparently the love it.
Last year I tried it with Swiss Chard - it was the largest I have ever grown.
It is fully organic - or as organic as the the liquid fertilizer you use.
Bigal