Old 18-01-2010, 01:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme Stephen Wolstenholme is offline

Default Help Please - Frost got to my Pampas Grass

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 12:41:46 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

I've read that the idea that pampas grasses get regularly burnt down
in their natural habitat is a myth. But it may be the easiest way, and
least damaging to you, to do just that (the leaves have very sharp
edges). Make sure there's not a hedgehog hibernating in the thatch at
the base of the plant.

In countries were it grows naturally and some countries were it is
considered to be an invasive weed, burning has been used as a control
for a long time. Burning could occur naturally if struck by lightning.
Steve

Neural network applications, help and support.