Old 18-01-2010, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default OT Supermarket vegetables

wrote in message
In article ,
Broadback wrote:
Watching countryside on TV last night I was struck by the waste of
vegetables grown for supermarkets. If my Purple Sprouting broccoli was
as good as that that was plough back in I would be very happy indeed.

I didn't see it, but can guess :-( Also, this is a major harmful
consequence of the demise of mixed farming - not so long ago, the
field of broccoli would have had some cows turned into it after it
had been picked.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

That happens here in the Isle of Wight. Once the Sprouts or Cauliflowers are
finished, the Sheep are turned onto the fields

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk