Old 18-01-2010, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Fertilizer recipe

On 18 Jan, 14:58, Bigal wrote:
1 bag lump charcoal * 5 - 10 kilo's
Liquid manure * *5 Litres

Break up charcoal as fine as possible for preference to pass through 1/4
inch sieve. * Place in bucket and cover with liquid manure. * Leave for
2 *to 3 weeks for the charcoal to thoroughly absorb the manure.
In the meanwhile prepare 2 to 3 sq. m's of garden space for growing your
favourite *vegetable. * Dig the fertilizer into one half of the prepared
area, *and leave the other half for the remainder of your required
plants. * Of course, the actual size of the area is entirely up to *you.
For the remainder of the year treat your plants as usual.
The amount of charcoal used is not critical but a couple of kilos per
sq.m is about normal. * You can use any excess on your compost heap or
if you have a wormery try a small amount with them. * Apparently the
love it.
Last year I tried it with Swiss *Chard - it was the largest I have ever
grown.
It is fully organic - or as organic as the the liquid fertilizer you
use.
Bigal

--
Bigal

I take it you are talking about 5 litres of made up liquid fertilizer,
not neat?
David Hill