Old 18-04-2003, 05:56 PM
Kim

Default S&W Greenhouse (was Breaking Dormancy...)

In article m,
says...

How long does it normally take for a rose to break dormancy once
planted?

Although ten or so are leafing out nicely, two of my BIG GORGEOUS S&W
Greenhouse bareroots are just beginning to sprout. I think it depends
on the rose variety, and certainly how you are caring for the rose.
Keeping it moist with a daily soak of the soil and spray of the canes?
Lightly mounding with pine straw to keep the canes from drying out?

Shiva -- I see that you said you bought some roses this year from S&W
Greenhouse. I'm expecting mine from them any day -- I went ahead and got
container roses, since I was SO impatient!

Since you've bought from them can you give me an idea of the quality of their
plants?

--

Kim

"We have done so much with so little for so long that now we can do anything
with nothing." -- Dave Marcis