Old 19-01-2010, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback[_2_] Broadback[_2_] is offline

Default OT Supermarket vegetables

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 08:54:57 +0000, Broadback wrote:

First I used to go to a local farmers shop, thinking that it was all
local grown fresh produce. One morning I had to go to work very early,
passing the farm shop I saw a local merchant delivering produce.

The produce may well still have been local, FSVO local. Had you been
expecting all the stuff sold by the farm shop to be grown on that
farm?

Local to me would mean grown within 50 miles and the merchants depot
being within that radius as well.

That could be true, but doubtful, as the delivery van was from
Manchester 30+ miles away.

--
Please reply to group,emails to designated
address are never read.