Old 19-01-2010, 11:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
RogerT RogerT is offline

Default OT Supermarket vegetables

The message o.uk
from "Dave Liquorice" contains these words:

I was including the inedible skins and the stuff that hasn't been
consumed before becoming a new life form in our small bin/week
amount. No way is that 1/3rd of all the food coming in for family of
four/week. It's rarely full and has several inches of paper shredings
in the bottom as well.

If the average is 1/3rd there must be a lot of people binning 1/3rd
of their food.

I'm reminder of the Jamie Oliver programme some while back, highlighting
he fact that there are families who, having roasted a chicken for Sunday
lunch, carve off what hey want from the breast then bin the rest!

Bring back domestic science lessons I say!

Roger T