Old 18-04-2003, 06:08 PM
Ophelia

Default compost

"Stephen Howard" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 17:36:53 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"Stephen Howard" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 15:22:04 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

Our VW is diesel Are you saying we could run it on my old cooking

oil?
Hm
I think it might stink the street out a little?

You mean more than it already does?

Regards,

Well it hasn't yet. Mind you it is new so maybe it is being kept under
control

Ooh, I hope so.

On my way to work I cycle past a large formal garden that houses a
large collection of Azaleas, and about this time of year they start
coming into bloom.

The scent from the collected blooms is stunning - so much so that I'll
often turn round and ride back down the few hundred yards stretch just
to cop another niff.

But what really miffs me is when I'm a little late of a morning and I
catch the school run brigade in their diesel 'off-roaders', chucking
out rotten old diesel fumes that seem to linger on the air and persist
in the nostrils.

I don't dispute that any vehicle fumes are bad for the jolly old
environment, but diesel just seems to add insult to injury by ponging
so disagreeably.

... and the cows agree with me!

I can sympathise with that. We got this one because we have just bought a
very wee caraven and it is cheaper to pull. We are in Moffat this weekend
and I am having a good look around the garden centres but the plants are
awfully expensive!

ps .. yes we are very aware of any hold ups behind us and we always stop to
allow them to pass