Old 20-01-2010, 04:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Part_No Part_No is offline

Default OK to bury cat droppings?

"Bob Hobden" wrote in
:

"Chris" wrote
Is it OK to bury cat droppings?
Would it be OK under apple trees or gooseberry bushes?

I can't see why not, had an allotment where a neighbour had dozens of
cats and we didn't have a problem. Bury it deep enough so you and
others don't accidentally handle it.
There are possible risks from faeces, horse manure is the biggest
vector of tetanus, but normal sensible hygiene is all that is
required. If you think about it, any risk can't be any worse than the
daily cleaning out of a litter tray.

Cat droppings are the PAIN OF MY LIFE in my garden.
I have made a few frames covered with netting to stop them pooing on my
freshly dug ground, and it works, but at sowing time I don't have enough
of them.
If I made enough for all of my areas I would be continually shifting
them, one at a time, for every move I make.

Lazy cat owners should be made to account for their furry pets poos.

I wouldn't hurt a cat or any animal, but the owners!!!!

Cats should be on leads in my opinion as dogs are.

More than a bobs(shilling)worth of my opinion

Part_No