Old 21-01-2010, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_2_] Spider[_2_] is offline

Default OK to bury cat droppings?

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Spider" wrote
"Bob Hobden" wrote ((BIG SNIP))
Part of the problem is breeders that allow non-pedigree kittens to be
sold/given away before they are 12 weeks old. The organisation in charge
of Pedigree Cats insists they have to be. By that time the mother will
have house trained them and taught them to use a tray and it will stay
with them for life as it has all our pedigree cats.

Perhaps you could start a petition for a new law on that topic. 12 weeks
minimum before they leave their mother.

Actually, Bob, 12 weeks is too long. It is a well known fact that
kittens who are over 12 weeks old before being homed with a human family
are less likely to bond with people and adapt to training. This would
make them less controllable, not more. Eight weeks is quite good enough
if they've been reared responsibly.

The pedigree cats have to be 12 weeks old before they are sold and I can't
say ours ever had problems getting us retrained to their preferences. --
Regards
Bob Hobden
W.of London. UK

:~)) Oh, I'm sure they're very happy with the arrangement! However, RG
doesn't like cats but tolerates them provided they're trained not to jump up
on tables, in the kitchen, on the furniture, up the stairs *anywhere*.
Training an 8wk old cat is infinitely easier than training an 12wk old cat;
I know, I've tried it. I had real trouble with my 12wk older cat until I
tried 'growl speak' with her. Oh boy, did she toe the line then! :~)

Spider