Old 21-01-2010, 05:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dan L. Dan L. is offline

Default Greenhouse heating question

In article ,
wrote:

yes, plants need oxygen all night long this is when they make sugar.
In the long run it is better to stop air movement from outside in. that is
greater
heat loss than conduction thru plastic or glass. The other problem with
burning over
electric is the product of combustion is CO2 AND H2O, there can be a humidity
build
up that leads to mold. running both propane heater AND dehumidifier is more
costly
than electric. Ingrid

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 20:01:33 -0500, "Dan L."
wrote:
Do plants need Oxygen as well as CO2?

Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake Michigan
on the council grounds of the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Winnebago

Thank you Ingrid!

Even though it was an old posting. I knew the answer to my own question.
What I found was, some posters felt the oxygen factor was insignificant
in the propane heating question.

Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake St. Clair
Michigan

Enjoy Life... Dan

--
Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.