Old 18-04-2003, 06:32 PM
Unique Too

Default Aphids, black spot, and mulch, etc.

jammer writes:

There seems to be great contraversy about this! I find one site that
says yes and the next says no. It's 50/50 so i haven't a freakin' clue
as to if it would be worth the time and expense. I really think i will
try soap solutions before anything else, as far as aphids. I sprayed
them off last night and the tips are covered again today. They are
working on the new buds, darn it.

A lot of things about roses are controversial. There are very few things you
will get even a small number of rosarians to agree upon.

If time and expense are your biggest concern, use the petroinorganic (whatever
that word it) chemicals. They will control the aphids. I think most will
agree with this statement. The controversy is which one is best and whether
they are harmful to the envionment.

If you want a more organic control you'll have to experiement yourself and see
whether any or all of them work for you or not. I've never seen more than two
or three people at one time agree on any one of these methods.

Third option - live with the aphids.