Old 21-01-2010, 03:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gopher Gopher is offline

Default Runner Beans.

In message , Spider
writes

"jamps" wrote in message
Last year I grew very successfully, and for the first time, runner beans.
I was disappointed with the lack of flavour and wondered which, in your
opinion, have the best flavour.
--
Jamps.

My favourite is 'Enorma'.

Spider

Mine too! But don't leave them hanging too long. Nine - ten ins. just
about perfect, usually. Never really tried to freeze them - do they
freeze well? And if they do, is the taste affected? They come in such
abundance that I usually give them away by the bag load and it seems
such a waste not to put them to good use.
--
Gopher .... I know my place!