Old 21-01-2010, 09:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_2_] Spider[_2_] is offline

Default OK to bury cat droppings?

"alan.holmes" wrote in message

"Broadback" wrote in message
K wrote:
Chris ] writes
Is it OK to bury cat droppings?

Well, (some) cats do ;-)
The theory is that the closer the digestive system is to ours, the more
likely it is that the faeces will carry organisms that are a problem to
us. So herbivore faeces are no problem, and we happily use horse manure
on the garden. Human faeces are potentially a problem (though still
used, I believe, in some parts of the world). Dogs and cats are
carnivores, and probably not a good idea to use their faeces in bulk.

Also, if it's come from a litter tray, the litter is basically clay and
not particularly useful to your soil.

I am very surprised that no one had suggested burying the cat might be
more efficacious.

We have buried six in our garden and there has been no noticable
difference!

--
Please reply to group,emails to designated
address are never read.

We have buried four in our garden and .. likewise.
If your own cats don't 'use' your garden, then an incoming cat *will*. At
least you know you've wormed your own cats.

Spider