Old 22-01-2010, 01:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default The ice is melting

In message , Ragnar
writes

"Muddymike" wrote in message
news:PpadneXI5qe4wcTWnZ2dnUVZ8kWdnZ2d@brightview. com...
http://share.ovi.com/media/Muddymike...e.10679?sort=0

I posted this link to the picture of the pot plant that was
covered in ice last week and so far no one has identified it for
me. Is it really so rare or did you miss that part of the
question? I would love to know what it is, and whether you think
it will survive being encased in ice. Its about two feet tall by the way.

Mike

Has the look of a daphne to me, but some description of the flowers would be
helpful

R.

My first thought was an Aeonium, but I don't imagine that would have
survived being frozen. The other plants that come to mind are Daphne
laureola (spurge laurel) and Euphorbia amygdaloides (wood spurge); as
the latter is herbaceous I'll plump for spurge laurel
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley