Old 22-01-2010, 01:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default The ice is melting

In message , Janet Baraclough
writes
The message
from "Muddymike" contains these words:

http://share.ovi.com/media/Muddymike...e.10679?sort=0

I posted this link to the picture of the pot plant that was
covered in ice last week and so far no one has identified it for
me. Is it really so rare or did you miss that part of the
question? I would love to know what it is, and whether you think
it will survive being encased in ice. Its about two feet tall by
the way.

Try aeonium? There are green versions as well as the purple-black
one, and iirc they are hardier.

Janet

If Muddymike looks at the stems, those of Aeonium are succulent, and
those of Daphne laureola are woody. He should be able to eliminate at
least one of these.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley