Old 22-01-2010, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default where to order plug plants etc.

In article
, Dave
Hill writes
Jan you have supprised ne, normaly you are more precise, not asking
something like where can I buy a pit of string.
What sort of quantities? How many varieties? Mini or Maxi Plugs?
You could try http://www.jerseyplantsdirect.com/
Not bad quality and fairly prompt delivery.
David hill

Ah well it would only be the ordinary amount of stuff if you see what i
mean. Enough for about 8 pots and tubs per garden. varieties aren't the
problem, they just want stuff for hanging baskets etc., so I'm thinking
petunias, maybe geraniums, lobelia, stuff I wouldn't like to bring on in
my greenhouse as it seems more economic to buy plugs,

Fuchsias i can do from cuttings but as i don't really like tubs and
baskets i don't tend to grow a lot of bedding stuff. I was trying to
dissuade them from pansies as it's a boring job deadheading the things
and then they get mildew anyway if they are in the sun a lot.

Hope this makes things clearer. As I said i don't normally do stuff like
this for myself so I am going to have to hunt up quantities per
tub/basket etc.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy