Old 22-01-2010, 11:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default OT To bad someone in our congress doesnt have the guts to say this.

In article ,
Frank wrote:

Frank wrote:
aluckyguess wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TOFe85cmAE

I am not a voter for your congress but I would hope that my elected
representatives were more perceptive and informed than the speaker in
this clip. Being unable to distinguish between climate and weather
does not fill me with confidence that the speaker understands
anything about climate change.

David

That's the knee jerk argument.

I don 't understand that comment. What is knee-jerk about saying a
person who doesn't understand the difference between weather and climate
is ignorant? What is knee-jerk about wanting my representatives to be
perceptive and informed?

My skepticism comes in as to how much
weather change is man made vs just what mother nature does.

Weather does change all the time. We need to consider if the earth's
climate is changing and if so why. These are two different issues.

We hear
other planets in our solar system are also warming and I don't think
anybody there are driving SUV's.

Where did you hear that? Assuming for moment that the climate was
changing on other planets from natural causes why would that show that
climate is not changing on earth from human causes?

We know that the earth's climate has changed in the past naturally and
it may well do so again. That by itself says nothing about whether it
*is* doing so naturally this time. This question has been much studied
and there is considerable evidence available that points to the cause
this time being human activity.

David

Weather vs climate is what I call knee jerk reaction as that is always
the reason given. I understand it.

Do some research on the other planets warming. See what you find on the
internet.

Heartland Institute, which is anti, has a very intriguing study on US
earth bound temperature measurement stations where about 90% are out of
specs, e.g. originally out in a field, away from buildings and now
surrounded by them. Also see what they say about the carbon dioxide
correlation.

Satellite data has been showing cooling. Look it up.

If you want to see the mindset that drives the global warming crowd,
read Michael Crichton's novel, "State of Fear". There are those that
profit from the "crisis."

I like a good novel.

http://www.whoi.edu/page.do?pid=12457&tid=282&cid=13366

Bill being a long haired leaping gnome likes visions like.

http://www.amazon.com/Ecotopia-Ernes...2019/ref=ntt_a
t_ep_dpi_1

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/757.html What is Global Dimming??
Less light more shade world wide food implications
Reduction of Vitamin D too?