Old 23-01-2010, 04:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
mj mj is offline

Default Herbs and Deer

On Jan 23, 10:31*am, "D. Staples" wrote:
wrote in ...
brooklyn1 writes:

mjciccarel wrote:

Are there Herbs that will deter Deer from the garden?

Yes... plant a fence.

Yep, I agree completely.
Absolutely the only thing that has a chance of working.

I've tried everything else. *If read the deer don't like this,
they don't like that. *Well, the truth is, they may not like some
kinds of plants, but they'll eat them anyway.

Last year I put up a 6 foot high fence:

http://mysite.verizon.net/despen/fence/

I have high hopes for this working.

6 ft is not high enough, they can clear that flat footed.

Yes, yes, yes my electric fence works great for my raised vegetable
gardens but I was hoping for something a little more attractive for my
rose garden. I too have tried everything else so I guess I will have
to fire up more juice.
MJ