Old 18-04-2003, 07:20 PM
Frogleg

Default Asparagus Fern

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 09:58:21 -0500, "Angela Coffey"
wrote:

I discovered some asparagus in one of my side gardens that has been growing
way too long to harvest it. I read somewhere that if you let it go, it'll
turn into a feathery fern looking plant, and that's exactly what these are
doing. Do asparagus ferns start out as an asparagus stalk?? If I let it
keep growing, will I have an asparagus fern eventually? Just curious

Nope. But if you cut down/clear out the ferny, fluffy bits in the fall
and top-dress generously with some nice compost, you'll have asparagus
next spring.