Old 25-01-2010, 12:29 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Wildbilly Wildbilly is offline

Default equal time to you guy's God

In article ,
AZ Nomad wrote:

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 08:42:26 +1100, David Hare-Scott
wrote:
AZ Nomad wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 18:49:20 +1100, David Hare-Scott
wrote:
aluckyguess wrote:
"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
Frank wrote:
http://atroshenko.com/NSAlBuddha.html

You don't get it. It is not your God or your authority figure that
matters - it is the evidence.

David

What evidence?

You are not serious (unless you are claiming to be a home-schooled
14 year old) so this doesn't warrant a reply.

David

Because you have no evidence.

Not at all but I am not going to start in with a 500 pages book. My reply
was about the method of forming your views and understanding not about the
evidence itself. The Buddha/Gore joke suggests that the matter is
religious - I was saying that it shouldn't be.

David

In other words, you have no evidence.

By your standards, neither do you. The facts are in dispute, however the
preponderance of scientist agree that it appears that the planet is
warming (at least in part) because of our use of fossil fuels, and the
large herds of cattle being raised for human consumption(methane).
Whatever the cause, more methane is being released as the arctic tundra
warms up, which will only accelerate global warming. If the oceans warm
a bit more, frozen methane anhydride will be released, and global
warming will accelerate again.

OK, this is speculation from some of the world's best minds. They could
be wrong, but, then again, they could be right. It seems that the wise
man, given a choice of looking foolish or dead, would pick foolish. Or
do you suggest that we hunker down like ol' Harry Truman did when
ordered to evacuate the region around Mt. St. Helens?

Why do you wish to put humanity in harm's way, without proof?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100119/...ting_activists
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/1/19/headlines