Old 24-02-2003, 10:44 PM
Wilf & Helen

Default aphids

I know I am going to have to squish them off with my fingers ,(keep putting
it off) I have gotten so far as to actually thinking about using rubber
gloves , and bribing father to lend a helping hand , a procrastinator i'm
not , no sir,not me! lol
"Fred" wrote in message
Oops. Yes, I wasn't thinking long term, just the immediate problem.

Sorry.
I don't know, however, how residual the soap is. Can it be washed off

before
you put it in the pond? I don't know, but better safe than sorry. Please
ignore my (bad) advice!

On 2/23/03 9:47 PM, in article

,
"Wilf & Helen" wrote:

Will that not kill the fish when I put the plant in the pond in the

spring,?
"Fred" wrote in message
Try insecticidal soap - you can buy it at any nursery or home store.

Works
great, much less toxic than other insecticides, and effective.

Fred

On 2/21/03 12:47 PM, in article

,
"Wilf & Helen" wrote:

I put my pond plants in large plastic tubs for the winter,They are in

cool
spot in my cold room.in about 4 inches of water with a lid on. I just

took
the lids off them to see how they were surviving, They are *totally*

covered
in aphids! Especially my Taros. Since it will be another 3 mos. till I

can
put them outside in the pond. what do I do with them to get the aphids

off
them before they suck all the life out of them..My first thoughts were

cover them over and wait till I can hose them off outside, another 2-3
months! put them in the laundry tubs and try to get them off that way?

any
help would be great.. Thanks Helen