Old 25-01-2010, 02:56 AM posted to rec.ponds
Mad as a Box of Frogs Mad as a Box of Frogs is offline

Default Electric blanketweed

In article ,
wibble wrote:

Taking off the netting today I have just had a good look at my pond
after the winter - and was dismayed to see that blanket weed appears to
already have started to sprout , which considering the coldness I find
amazing. Last year I had a real job keeping it under control. I am sure
its been asked many times but how good are the electronic controllers
that claim to destabilize the blanket weed cells. Is there a market
leader that actually does what they claim to do.

Googled it and there is a ton of info. Seems the most effective
destabilizer of the weed is shade. Thinking your pond is perhaps
in direct sun?

Google it and see. I did not see any "remedy" per se other thant shade.
The upside of blanket weed is it produces a ton of oxygen.

BTW wibble - feel free to post in rec.ponds anytime and killfile
the idiots that we call toads that have been allowed to overun
the last few years. There is also moderated versions of rec.ponds
in Yahoo and Google groups forums.

hth look forward to seeing you back with the toads in your killfile.
(it *so* ****es them off)

--
Master of Puppets We are all Rich Rosen
DENSA Life Achievement ø Am I the only one with half a brain?