Old 25-01-2010, 06:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dan L. Dan L. is offline

Default Hello All :)

In article
,
Wildbilly wrote:

Two good books that you can get from your library a
"How to Grow More Vegetables" by John Jeavons
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b/...=search-alias%
3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=How+to+Grow+More+Vegetables&x=0&y=0

Teaming with Microbes: A Gardener's Guide to the Soil Food Web
Jeff Lowenfels and Wayne Lewis
http://www.amazon.com/Teaming-Microb.../dp/0881927775
/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1206815176&sr= 1-1

Teaming with Microbes is important in understanding what is happening in
the soil, e.g.:
Chapter 1

Hmmm ...

The Book "Teaming with Microbes: A Gardener's Guide to the Soil Food Web
by Jeff Lowenfels and Wayne Lewis" Is an excellent book, however it is
in my opinion, not for the beginning type of garden book, unless you
have a scientific mind.

For a more down to earth book, I'll go with:
"The Vegetable Gardener's BIBLE by Smith"
A newer version comes out in February.

Sorry Billy

Enjoy Life... Dan

--