Old 26-01-2010, 02:54 PM posted to rec.gardens
EVP MAN EVP MAN is offline

Default Hello All :) (Higgs)

When I ordered my asparagus crowns, I ordered 25 Jersey Giant and 10
purple passion crowns. I may have run into a problem already and that
is space. I didn't even dig the bed yet because the crowns won't be
here till mid April. The only area in my yard I can use for the bed
will be a 4' by 12' area. I'm thinking about spacing the purple passion
about 8" apart and the jersey giant at 12" apart and plant three rows in
the bed. I'm wondering if I can get away with a bed this size for 35
crowns all total? Will the asparagus spears be smaller in diameter if
spaced this close or will an area this size not work at all for me?
Should have done more research before I ordered! Kick myself in the
butt.......lol

Rich