Old 27-01-2010, 11:56 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Maple reverted to root stock

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:09:10 -0800 (PST), Higgs Boson
wrote:

I planted a threadleaf maple tree years (decades!) ago. At a certain
point, I noticed it was starting to revert to root stock (which is not
threadleaf). I never did anything about it and it's way too late now.

So, just to educate myself, WAS there in fact any way to reverse
that root stock takeover, if caught early enough?

If so, how?

TIA

Persephone

I would not think this is much different than a grafted rose. Remove
any new growth below the graft. Of course, it is better to check
this once or twice a year. If your grafted part is still alive, you
got a chance.