Old 29-01-2010, 05:08 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Tim Streater Tim Streater is offline

Default Leylandii for burning?

On 29/01/2010 14:49, Rusty Hinge wrote:
george [dicegeorge] wrote:
John L wrote:
Cross-posted to DIY and to Gardening:

A bit late to ask because I've just finished sawing up about half a
ton! However there is another ton to come.

What's leylandii like as a fuel (open fire, and/or wood burner)?

I'm not intending using it until next winter.

Cheers
John

geat for bonfires, even when freshly cut,
huge high flames,
not very eco though.

[g]

Carbon neutral. If you discount the stored carbon in the roots, that is.

Nah. The roots decay and give off the same CO2 as if you burnt them.

--
Tim

"That excessive bail ought not to be required, nor excessive fines
imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted"

Bill of Rights 1689