Old 29-01-2010, 07:43 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default Leylandii for burning?

"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...

"Rusty Hinge" wrote in message
Steve Firth wrote:

Yew is a conifer.

And burns like asbestos...

--
Rusty

I have a 10ft long 15 to 20 inch diameter yew trunk I scavenged from the
woods next door when they were cleared last year.
Still debating whether to cut it up for logs or offer it to a wood turner.
Yew does make for a very good fire.

Mike

Yew is so slow growing it's worth quite a lot. In your position I would
sell it. You can use the money to buy far more wood for burning than you
would get from the yew.

Tina