Old 29-01-2010, 08:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default Home made pot compost.

"Jennifer Sparkes" wrote in message
The message
from "Christina Websell" contains these
words:

lots of things are in my blue book, old recipes, tips about

big snip
I know. Nobody in my family will want it. It seems such a shame that all
know will disappear.
All about how to settle a broody hen on her eggs, how to get a cade lamb
feed. What seeds need to be frozen to be viable. All in my blue book.

Sounds like you need to try and get it published Tina, far too
much useful info to just get thrown away.

I never even thought about that, it was just for my own use, really and is
still ongoing.
Here's a tip from it about turkey chicks. They are notoriously difficult to
start feeding on turkey crumbs and lots of mortality. All you do is chop up
the green part of spring onions, add it to the crumbs and they will feed.
For some reason turkey babies *love* oniony things.
Now I bet you didn't know that but my blue book does ;-)

Tina
P.S.Turkeys are one of the few poultry species I've never kept but hey, one
day I might and I now know how to get day olds to eat.