Old 30-01-2010, 08:02 AM posted to rec.gardens
George[_14_] George[_14_] is offline

Default Kill stump

"EVP MAN" wrote in message

Take an auger and drill some good size holes in the stump and fill them
with rock salt. In no time the stump will rot and you can use a crow
bar and bust it up. As for using the gasoline method, maybe if you set
it on fire it would work pretty quick Just a thought!

Rich

That is how I am getting rid of a !!dead!! stump. Drill it & fill with salts
& let moisture do the rest. I also built a compost hap over mine to speed
deterioration. Its working fine. You could build boxing round it & fill with
mluch as a 'garden' until such time as stump is gone. The idea of a stump
grinder is by far the quickest & least fuss however.

rob