Old 30-01-2010, 03:21 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Kill stump

Higgs Boson wrote:
I am having two large evergreen bushes removed.
They were standing on each side of my front walk.

HAVING them removed or they WERE removed, which?

Whichever, whoever removes the bushes needs to grind the stumps too.
Depends what kind of evergreen bushes, if softwood they will decompose
relatively rapidly (5-10 years), if hardwood (cedar, cyprus, etc.)
they won't decompose for like 20-30 years or more so have them ground
deeply. Or simply dig them out.