Old 30-01-2010, 10:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
~Brian~ ~Brian~ is offline

Default Pond Ice

Divingbrit wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 19:31:04 GMT, CorporalJones
wrote:

Was it in this NG that I read that with ponds it was no longer
required to clear a hole in the ice to protect wildlife.

This was posted somewhere , or a report on TV / Radio / internet, as I
also learned that it is no longer required. The souce was a university
I believe.
It made sense to me, but agree that if you had rotting materiel giving
off gas, then that too could have been trapped.

question
Do dead frogs float? I lost a couple in the summer last yar and their
bodies sank.

No! they do not float. Just lie on the bottom and rot.