Old 30-01-2010, 11:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Pond Ice

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from CorporalJones contains these words:

Was it in this NG that I read that with ponds it was no longer required
to clear a hole in the ice to protect wildlife.

I don't recall such a post

Neither do I, but I've heard it on the radio at least twice during the
recent cold weather. And when you think of it, nature doesn't put holes in
the ice, and nature usually knows what it's doing.

I suspect it's the current thinking changing, a bit like how the "experts"
tell us that compost should be aerated, then change their minds, then change
back again.

Steve