Old 30-01-2010, 05:41 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default Leylandii for burning?

"Rod" wrote in message
On 29/01/2010 20:14, Muddymike wrote:
"Christina wrote in
message ...

Yew is so slow growing it's worth quite a lot. In your
position I would sell it. You can use the money to buy far
more wood for burning than you would get from the yew.

Anyone want to buy a yew trunk ?

I looked on Ebay and woodturning blanks just 2 inched thick of
the diameter I have are selling for several pounds!!! But what
makes for a "woodturning blank" ?

Mike

So maybe the leylandii's not for burning, but the yew is for
turning? Didn't MH Thatcher have a shorter version?

Te he.

Mike