Old 30-01-2010, 10:06 PM
alison1971 alison1971 is offline
Registered User

Location: leigh lancashire
Wink Royal empress (Royal Paulownia) seeds, uk??

I am really desperate for some garden privacy, and a fence just isn't enough!
After studying online i come up with the royal empress tree, it appears to grow fast, but is ative to the U.S.
Does anyoe kow if this tree will grow well in the UK? Has anyone grown or had any experience with this tree?
I have bought some seeds online and have them ready to sow asap, and am hoping for some success.....
I have read may forums etc about this tree, but all the posts are from the U.S and as i am in lancashire, england, it doesnt seem to apply.

My garden is approx 52ft long x 25ft wide ad is 99% empty except for lawn and dug empty border.

any advice or help would be great, i do really want to fill my garden with at least small plants this year in the hope that the next few years i will see alot of change and growth.
I am a reasonably ok gardener, just not tree educated.

thankyou in advance
alison