Old 31-01-2010, 12:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts David WE Roberts is offline

Default Victoria Plum scions; help wanted

"redonda" wrote in message
Could anyone help me with some scions (small twigs for grafting) of a
Victoria Plum? I am gardening in Italy where we have some plum trees
which bear uneatable fruit.

I suspect they were at one time the rootstock of Apricots, of which the
Apricot part has died.

The victoria plum seems to be unknown in Italy; I would like to try
grafting it onto the plum rootstock.

I can offer a weekend B&B for free in Tuscany as a reward for anyone who
can supply the scions.

Joseph

Isn't this the wrong time of year to be doing 'stuff' with plums?
I thought you were only supposed to prune etc. between about May and
September when actively growing so that any wounds could heal.

Don't have a Victoria any more, but know where one is (our old garden).