Old 31-01-2010, 10:03 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Kill stump

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 16:19:56 -0800 (PST), Higgs Boson
wrote:

I am having two large evergreen bushes removed. They
were standing on each side of my front walk. I intend
to put large decorative pots in their place with appropriate plants.
(Suggestions welcome -mini-climate is So. Calif coastal)

What's the fastest way to kill the stumps (approx 10-12" diameter)?

Last time I dealt with a stump, decades ago, one was supposed to
buy a chemical and introduce it via holes bored in the stump.

Gardener just told me to use gasoline.

Any information out there on (a) fastest and (b) most effective,
and maybe (c) least expensive way. (though that's not the deciding
factor ).

Persephone

One time I saw a man blast a large stump with a shotgun, so maybe
you're not alone. Have a fire permit?