Old 31-01-2010, 10:28 PM posted to rec.gardens
Wildbilly Wildbilly is offline

Default Will Gardening Help You Live Longer?

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Wildbilly wrote:
Other tasks could have replaced caring for plants, but this study
shows that control and responsibility, extended the lives of nursing
home residents and, tended to improve their level of functioning and,
extend their lives.

Possibly control and responsibility are the factors but I think anything
that keeps the residents active physically, mentally and socially would do
the same. In old age inactivity and passivity are the killers. People who
give up on life have less quality and quantity.

David

I think you are right, David, being engaged, and participating seems to
be the key. That's why I hope that when I get too old and silly, someone
will give me a plant to care for.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100119/...ting_activists
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/1/19/headlines