Old 31-01-2010, 10:18 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Renovating lawn without chemicals

wrote:
On Jan 27, 9:05 am, 4x4rob wrote:
use a turf cutter to remove old turf if the ground is good enough
then if your left with a load of stones use a stone burier or if not
just use a stone raker / standard landscape rake (size permitting)
then you could use a seeder roller machine to get a good finish .

--
4x4rob

Which is one hell of a lot of work and cost compared to applying
glyphosate and using a slit seeder. Glyphosate is routinely used on
food crops, so I don't see the big deal in using it for a one time
lawn renovation.

I sure as hell don't use it on my food crops.