Old 01-02-2010, 09:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Seed planting

In article , Sacha wrote:

Positively subtropical we thought at lunch, as we watched the snow
swirling down - but not settling! In fact, one of the gardens in
Cornwall - forget which but one of the Tre ones - has said that after
the last 3 winters it can no longer consider itself sub-tropical!

Good! Something that always annoyed me is the references to those
gardens as subtropical, usually by idiots who have never spent any
time in the tropics, and then usually only on an (atypical) island.
They never were subtropical, not even remotely.

Inter alia, one of the key differences between even the subtropics
and here is that plants don't go largely dormant in the winter in
the former. They may do in a dry season, but the UK doesn't have
those.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.