Old 01-02-2010, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Victoria Plum scions; help wanted

wrote:
My information comes from 'The Grafter's Handbook' by R.J.Garner -
rather an ancient treatise. Garner seems to think top grafting may be
done (in England) from February to June. The principal controlling
factor seems to be that the scion should be dormant. Hopefully your
UK winter has kept them that way so far!

I have a very dormant looking Victoria at the moment.
Although I can't really offer anything from it, as it's only
a year old, so don't want to chop into it right now!